Expanded metal general information
Expanded Metal Fence and walkway is manufactured by slitting and stretching the strands on steel plate at right angles to the plane to form a network of diamond shaped holes or known technically "knuckles" without any welding in accordance to BS 405: 1987. It allows free passage of light, water and air whilst prevention of dust and dirt accumulation.
MATERIALS of expanded metal product
1. Steel of expanded metal sheeting
Manufactured using carbon steel complying to BS 4360: 1986.
Coating: hot dipped galvanized to BS EN ISO 1461: 1999 for anti-corrosion.
2. Stainless steel expanded metal
Manufactured using SS 304 or SS 316 complying to BS 1449: part 2 for
highly corrosive environment application.
3. Aluminum expanded metal mesh
Manufactured using high quality aluminum sheet complying to BS 1470:1987.
APPLICATION of expanded metal fence and walkway
- Walkways, stair treads and platforms
- steel expanded metal window guards/grilles
- Perimeter expanded metal mesh fencing/gates
- Pedestrian walkway safety barriers
- expanded metal mesh wall reinforcement
- Security fencing/cages
- Storage expanded mesh shelves/trays
- Machinery expanded metal screen safety guards.
HOW TO ORDER of expanded metal fence and walkway
The following information should always be included when placing an expanded metal order.
1. Specify the reference number of expanded metal mesh model.
2. Specify type of expanded mesh material ie carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum.
3. Specify finish of expanded metal ie black, hot dipped galvanized, powder coated.
4. Specify the number of expanded metal sheet needed.
5. Specify the size of expanded mesh sheet needed ie 1220mm LW x 2440mm SW
Part name of expanded metal products